Welcome to another action-filled edition of This Week In The Nerd Fandom. We’re looking at several of the week’s biggest announcements, including the newest Resident Evil Animated Short! Also, be sure to check out the brand-new Ko-Fi Update and buy me a soda and support the website!
Ranking of Kings: Treasure Chest of Courage is Set to be released on April 13th
Starting with one of the biggest announcements during the weekend, the official website for Sōsuke Tōka’s Ranking of Kings manga revealed a brand new promotional video for the upcoming anime titled Ranking of Kings: Treasure Chest of Courage. The anime is set to debut on April 13th with a brand new opening theme by PEOPLE 1 titled GOLD. And an ending theme performed by Aimer titled Atemonaku (Aimlessly.)
Crunchyroll to stream KamiKatsu, Konosuba Megumin Spin-Off, and TenPuru Anime
Crunchyroll will stream KamiKatsu: Working for a God in a Godless World, Konosuba: An Explosion On This Wonderful World, and TenPuru: No One Can Live On Loneliness. Crunchyroll will stream both KamiKatsu and the Konosuba Spin-off in April, while TenPuru will premiere later this year. For more information on this announcement, head over to Anime News Network.
Leon Doesn’t Understand! Resident Evil 4 Remake Gets The World Theater Makeover For A New Ad
Capcom is at it again, this time bringing the world of Resident Evil 4 into a familiar, beloved animated short. If you recall the Puppet Show from their last video game, Resident Evil Village, the game publisher teamed up with Nippon Animation for a one-of-a-kind tribute to Resident Evil 4 and the Storybook Animation Franchise. A Second Episode will be coming our way soon.
Sonic Frontiers DLC Brings Sights, Sounds, and More on Wednesday!
Announced at the Famitsu Denkai 2022 Game Awards, Sonic Frontiers won the Best Action-Adventure Award. SEGA announced the new DLC that will be launching on March 22nd titled Sights, Sounds, and Speed. It will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and Steam. In the first free content for 2023, it will include the following:
- Photo Mode – Frame up, edit, and capture your favorite moments in Photo Mode! Capture Sonic in action across a variety of landscapes and create the perfect photo. You can also choose between seven filters to add some flare to your photos.
- Juke Box – Play your favorite tracks while exploring the Starfall Islands, which include tracks from Sonic Frontiers and past Sonic games! You can listen to any of the 53 songs anywhere in the open zones – 13 of which are instantly unlocked and playable as soon as the game is updated. Unlock the remaining 40 songs by collecting Sound Memories across the five islands. Keep an eye out for orange music notes! (Please Note the Juke Box feature may be inaccessible during certain parts of the game.)
- New Challenge Modes – After finishing the campaign, test your skills with new challenge modes
- Cyber Space Challenge Mode – Race through seven Cyber Space Stages back-to-back in this time-attack mode while competing against the clock!
- Battle Rush Mode – Battle through several rounds against increasingly tough enemies, guardians, and Titans in this timed battle mode! Aim for the fastest clear time with your levelled-up Sonic. If you achieve a higher rank, you may get a special surprise
Kaiju No. 8 TV Anime Reveals Protaganist’s Beast Form and His Human Form
While there is a long way to go until 2024, the latest character visuals for the upcoming anime series Kaiju No. 8 look wickedly cool. In the past couple of days, we have gotten a glimpse of the upcoming tv anime adaptation of Naoya Matsumoto’s Shonen Action Manga, revealing a first look at Kaiju No. 8 and Kafka Hibino. According to Crunchyroll, Production I.G provides animation production for Kaiju No. 8, while Studio Khara provides monster designs and artwork. Additional details about the series, such as other key staff and the main cast, have not yet been revealed. Kaiju No. 8 will be broadcast in Japan in 2024.
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, news tips, or questions, email them to: email@example.com.