The moment you’ve been waiting for is finally here. The new One Piece Film: RED Trailer has been released with a beautifully drawn visual by Eiichiro Oda.
In the newest Livestream event, we learned about one of the newest characters from the film. His name is Gordon, he is voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda. The songstress, Uta, will be voiced by Kaori Nazuka, and her singing voice will be provided by rising J-pop star Ado.
Ado will also be performing the film’s main theme song as Uta, which is previewed in the new English-subtitled trailer below. Titled “Shinjidai” (“A New Age”), the song is composed by Yasutaka Nakata.
Ado (as Uta) will be working with six other superstar artists on other songs that will appear in the film. Most are scheduled to be released or teased in the leadup to the film’s premiere on August 6th, starting with an animated music video for the main theme song on June 15th, with the rest of the lineup as follows:
- June 22nd – “Watashi wa Saikou” (“I’m the Strongest”) by Mrs. GREEN APPLE (Fire Force OP)
- July 7th – “Gyakko” (“Backlight”) by Vaundy (Ranking of Kings OP2)
- July 20th (teaser MV) – “Utakata Lullaby” by FAKE TYPE
- July 27th (teaser MV) – “Sekai no Tsuzuki” (“The World Turns”) by Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan soundtrack)
- August 3rd (teaser MV) – “Kaze no Yukue” (“The Wind’s Whereabouts”) by Yuta Orisaka
- August 6th (MV) – “Utakata Lullaby” by FAKE TYPE
- August 10th (MV) – “Sekai no Tsuzuki” (“The World Turns”) by Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan soundtrack)
- August 17th (MV) – “Tot Musica” by Motohiro Hata (Naruto: Shippuden OP7)
- August 24th (MV) – “Kaze no Yukue” (“The Wind’s Whereabouts”) by Yuta Orisaka
Goro Taniguchi makes his return to the Straw Hat Crew, it is the first time since 1998, as the director of One Piece Film Red. Taniguchi is best known as the Director of Code Geass and having previously directed the 1998 One Piece: Defeat Him! The Pirate Ganzack! short for the Jump Super Anime Tour ahead of the TV anime premiere in 1999. Tsutomu Kuroiwa returns from ONE PIECE FILM GOLD to write the screenplay for ONE PIECE FILM RED. Toei Animation is producing an anime film with Eiichiro Oda, and the film will premiere in Japan on August 6th, 2022.
Uta — the most beloved singer in the world. Her voice, which she sings with while concealing her true identity, has been described as “otherworldly.” She will appear in public for the first time at a live concert. As the venue fills with all kinds of Uta fans — excited pirates, the Navy watching closely, and the Straw Hats led by Luffy who simply came to enjoy her sonorous performance — the voice that the whole world has been waiting for is about to resound. The story begins with the shocking fact that she is “Shanks’ daughter.”
Source: Crunchyroll News
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, news tips, or questions, email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.