Three weeks ago we were celebrating Metroid’s Thirty-Fifth Anniversary, now we’re getting another trailer for the newest game in the Metroid Franchise, Metroid Dread. In the newest trailer, we get to see Samus in action and testing new abilities in the process, not to mention mysterious brand new enemies! Let’s take a look at the new abilities and what’s in store for Planet ZDR:
- Flash Shift – This all-new Aeion Ability lets Samus travel a set distance – forward or backward, while on the ground or in the air – in an instant.
- Pulse Radar –This handy Aeion Ability allows Samus to scan her immediate surroundings and pinpoint breakable blocks.
- Grapple Beam – A rope-like beam that can connect to specific points, the Grapple Beam allows Samus to swing across gaps or manipulate parts of her environment, such as pulling an object.
- Ice Missile – By using this cool upgrade, Samus can freeze enemies to easily destroy them or even use some of them as platforms!
- Storm Missile – With the Storm Missiles, Samus can lock on to and fire multiple small missiles in succession.
- Cross Bomb – This powerful bomb explodes in four directions.
- Speed Booster – This ability allows her to run at great speed, dealing damage to enemies and smashing through certain walls.
- Shinespark – True Metroid experts know all about this electrifying move, which can be activated to have Samus fly in a set direction while in her Speed Booster state.
- Screw Attack – A classic move that has been in every single 2D Metroid game, the Screw Attack finds Samus damaging enemies and shattering certain obstacles during a spin jump.
Be prepared to battle, Metroid Dread is set to be coming your way on October 8th!
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, news tips, or questions, email them to: email@example.com.Show off your Metroid fandom with this Metroid Samus Space Framed Art Print. The image measures approximately 17-inches tall x 11-inches wide, and the entire piece measures about 19-inches tall x 13-inches wide, including the MDF frame.