A new report from ICv2’s Milton Griepp and Comic Hub is in for the Top Ten Manga Franchises for the Fall 2020 Season (September through December) as measured in dollars, according to ICv2’s analysis of sales reported by NPD BookScan that is reported through their Book Channel, and of sales reported by Comics Hub through their Comic Store Channel.
Starting with Junji Ito’s Horror Manga, this series has gotten popular during the COVID-19 era, for example in September’s New York Times Best Sellers List for Graphic Novels and Manga (FYI, it reflects sales for August 2020) it was Junji Ito’s Venus in the Blindspot taking No. 15, and then his other story Remina took No. 9 for January’s NY Times Best Sellers List for Manga and Graphic Novels (reflecting December 2020’s sales.) My Hero Academia is still standing tall at No. 1, let’s check out what made the Top 10 Manga Franchises List for Fall 2020.
- My Hero Academia/ MHA: Vigilantes, Viz Media
- Junji Ito, Viz Media/Vertical
- Berserk, Dark Horse Comics
- Tokyo Ghoul/Tokyo Ghoul Re, Viz Media
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Viz Media
- Attack on Titan, Kodansha Comics
- Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Super, Viz Media
- Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, Viz Media
- Naruto/Boruto, Viz Media
- One Piece, Viz Media
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, news tips, or questions, email me at email@example.com; Also, be sure to Follow and Subscribe to the Nerd Den’s Twitter, and Tumblr! Links are located on the Sidebar!