Are you looking for a good book? Maybe something new that isn’t from your usual manga pull list? Nippon Shuppan Hanbai has the answer, and that is Masaoki Shindo’s RuriDragon.
Recently, Bookstore clerks across Japan have been recommending their customers check out the manga as the top series for this year. In an annual survey from the publishing company Nippon Shuppan Hanbai, the company asked those who work inside bookstores which manga they would recommend to people.
The clerks were asked which manga they would either recommend to many people or which series they would like everyone to read that was newly released in the past year or so and one that had five volumes or fewer volumes released. The survey’s answers complied into a top fifteen list, which is listed below this paragraph:
- RuriDragon by Masaoki Shindo
- Daemons of the Shadow Realm by Hiromu Arakawa
- Akane-banashi written by Yuki Suenaga and illustrated by Takamasa Moue
- Super no Ura de Yani Su Futari by Jinushi
- The Summer Hikaru Died by Mokumokuren
- Pink to Habanero by Mika Satonaka
- Kaoru Hana wa Rin to Saku by Saka Mikami
- Zeikin de Katta Hon written by Zuino and illustrated by Kei Keiyama
- Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo by Akira Konno
- PPPPPP by Mapollo 3,
- Hotel Metsäpeuraan e Yokoso by Seria Fukuta
- You and I Are Polar Opposites by Kocha Agasawa
- Choujin X by Sui Ishida
- Gachiakuta by Kei Urana (with designs by Hideyoshi Ando)
- Ramen Akaneko by Angyaman
To celebrate the occasion, Masaoki Shindo drew a special illustration. Shindo thanked everyone for the opportunity and said he is making progress after having to take an extended hiatus in July 2022.
RuriDragon Volume One is available now wherever books are sold in Japan, and readers can read all six chapters on Shueisha’s Manga Plus App and Viz Media’s Shonen Jump App.
Ruri faces the usual issues: pushy classmates, annoying teachers and…waking up with dragon horns?!
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, news tips, or questions, email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.