PLEASE NOTE: The Rankings Reflect Sales For November 2022
Here we are, December, and it’s almost Christmas time. Once again, Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Chainsaw Man continues its reign on the Best Seller List. Also on the list was Hayao Miyazaki’s Shuna’s Journey in the top ten.
As I have mentioned previously, Chainsaw Man is still an unstoppable juggernaut, whether it be the NPD Bookscan Chart or the New York Time’s Best Seller List, the first four volumes are still on the List, but it is scattered. Making its debut is Hayao Miyazaki’s Shuna’s Journey, a manga classic by the legendary animator, Hayao Miyazaki.
Another notable mention is that the webcomic series Heartstopper and Lore Olympus have dropped off the list for now, but it’s most likely they will make their return soon. Speaking of Lore Olympus, the Webtoon series has taken up the top five spots in November’s NPD Bookscan Chart.
Shuna, the prince of a poor land, watches in despair as his people work themselves to death harvesting the little grain that grows there. And so, when a traveler presents him with a sample of seeds from a mysterious western land, he sets out to find the source of the golden grain, dreaming of a better life for his subjects.
It is not long before he meets a proud girl named Thea. After freeing her from captivity, he is pursued by her enemies, and while Thea escapes north, Shuna continues toward the west, finally reaching the Land of the God-Folk.
Will Shuna ever see Thea again? And will he make it back home from his quest for the golden grain?
- Collaborations– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- The Bad Guys In The Others?!– Aaron Blabey, Scholastic
- On Purpose– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- Chainsaw Man Vol. 1– Tatsuki Fujimoto, Viz Media
- Jessi’s Secret Language– Ann M. Martin. Illustrated by Chan Chau, Scholastic
- Mothering Heights– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- Number One Is Walking– Steve Martin. Illustrated by Harry Bliss, Celadon
- Shuna’s Journey– Hayao Miyazaki, First Second
- Grime And Punishment– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- Chainsaw Man Vol. 2– Tatsuki Fujimoto, Viz Media
- Chainsaw Man Vol. 3– Tatsuki Fujimoto, Viz Media
- The Bad Guys In Open Wide And Say ARRRGH!– Aaron Blabey, Scholastic
- For Who The Ball Roams– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- Perspectives– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- Chainsaw Man Vol. 4– Tatsuki Fujimoto, Viz Media
Source: New York Times Best Sellers List
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, news tips, or questions, email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.