PLEASE NOTE: The Rankings Reflect Sales For July 2022
July was a big month for Indie Creators, and Web Comics. The popular Webtoon series from Rachel Smythe titled Lore Olympus‘ second volume made its debut at No. 1, while the first volume took No. 15.
Alice Oseman’s LGBTQIA+ title, Heartstopper, dominated the chart with three volumes making the top ten, and one in the top fifteen. Those titles were Heartstopper Vol. 1 at No. 4, Heartstopper Vol. 2 at No. 6, Heartstopper Vol. 3 at No.7, and Heartstopper Vol. 4 at No. 13.
IDW Publishing’s Graphic Novel titled TMNT: The Last Ronin took No. 11. This popular title not only received a beautiful fan animation but in the weeks ahead, it was announced that it would be receiving a spin-off mini-series.
Finally, there were six manga titles on this month’s list:
- Kohei Horikoshi’s My Hero Academia Vol. 31 (No. 5)
- Tatsuya Endo’s Spy X Family Vol.1 (No. 8)
- Koyoharu Gotouge’s Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Vol. 1 (No. 10)
- Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Chainsaw Man Vol. 11 (No. 12)
- Naoya Matsumoto’s Kaiju No. 8 Vol. 3 (No. 9)
- Gege Akutami’s Jujutsu Kaisen Vol. 16 (No. 14)
- Lore Olympus Vol. 2 – Rachel Smythe, Random House Worlds
- The Bad Guys In Open Wide And Say ARRRGH!– Aaron Blabey, Scholastic
- On Purpose– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- Heartstopper Vol. 1– Alice Oseman, Scholastic
- My Hero Academia Vol. 31– Kohei Horikoshi, Viz Media
- Heartstopper Vol. 2– Alice Oseman, Scholastic
- Heartstopper Vol. 3– Alice Oseman, Scholastic
- Spy X Family Vol.1– Tatsuya Endo, Viz Media
- Kaiju No. 8 Vol. 3– Naoya Matsumoto, Viz Media
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Vol. 1- Koyoharu Gotouge, Viz Media
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin– Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, and Tom Waltz, IDW Publishing
- Chainsaw Man Vol. 11– Tatsuki Fujimoto, Viz Media
- Heartstopper Vol. 4– Alice Oseman, Scholastic
- Jujutsu Kaisen Vol. 16– Gege Akutami, Viz Media
- Lore Olympus Vol. 1– Rachel Smythe, Random House Worlds
Source: The New York Times
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, news tips, or questions, email them to: email@example.com.