The Long-Awaited Dragon-Themed Expansion, Dragonflight has finally been announced for Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft MMORPG, and not a moment too soon, after dealing with lawsuits, the recent acquisition, and of course, being in the shadow of Square-Enix’s MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV. But that wasn’t the only expansion to be revealed. Coming to the World of Warcraft Classic line is The Wrath of the Lich King, a rerelease of the 2008 Expansion that sold 2.8 million copies within the first day, making it the fastest-selling computer game of all time released at that time.
The Wrath Of The Lich King gets rereleased for WoW Classic
The second expansion following The Burning Crusade introduced us to the icy continent, Northrend, and introduced players to a new class, ‘Death Knights’. In the new rerelease, Blizzard guarantees that this will thrill both veterans, and newcomers while introducing new improvements, according to their press release:
- Level 70 Boost – The level cap will be increased to 80, and we’re introducing a Level 70 Boost so those who didn’t play Burning Crusade Classic but wish to play Wrath with their friends or explore Northrend can do so right away. This boost will be available one per account and can be used on any class except Death Knights.
- No Dungeon Finder – Players rediscovering Wrath of the Lich King Classic won’t find the Looking for Dungeon feature originally added in Patch 3.3.5. We’ve heard from our Classic community that the importance of social bonds is a big part of what makes Classic their game of choice, and we agree.
- Personal Arena Rating– Throughout Burning Crusade Classic, our PvP community has made it clear that they’d prefer the flexibility of rating being personal rather than tied to a fixed team, so we will be removing Arena Teams in Wrath Classic.
- Barber Shop Improvements – In the years since the Barber Shop was first added in Wrath, World of Warcraft has added additional customization options, including some that originally were only available as paid services. We’re going to incorporate all of those improvements in Wrath Classic rather than reverting to the authentic 2008 behavior.
Their Beta Sign-Up is available now.
Dragonflight is announced, New Classes, and So Much More!
The Dragons of Azeroth have returned and with it also means their sacred broodlands have also awakened, in the newest expansion, Dragonflight introduces a new playable race and introduces the very first race/class combo, a first in WoW history. Here is what you can expect in the new expansion, according to Blizzard:
- Discover the Dragon Isles: In their journey to the new level cap of 70, players will explore the primordial wonder and ancient secrets of the Dragon Isles across four new zones—the Waking Shores, roiling with elemental power; the vast expanse of the Ohn’ahran Plains; the frosty peaks of the Azure Span; and the majestic spires and temples of Thaldraszus.
- New Playable Race/Class Combo: Players will menace their foes (or empower their allies) as a dracthyr Evoker, WoW’s first-ever race/class combo. They’ll design both humanoid and draconic forms, pick between the Alliance and Horde, and venture forth as a healer or ranged damage-dealer that harnesses the collective might of all dragonkind.
- Soar Through the Skies: Dragonflight introduces Dragonriding, an all-new skill-based method of aerial movement that allows players to take to the skies on the back of their personal Dragon Isles Drake. Players will customize their drake as they progress through the expansion, collecting more appearance options and enabling them to fly farther and faster.
- Talent System Revamp: The new talent system empowers players to make creative and flavorful talent choices without compromising their effectiveness—and most importantly, it gives them meaningful options at every level.
- Improved Professions: Crafters rejoice! In Dragonflight, players who aspire to become renowned for their crafts will find a host of new features and tools to fuel their ambitions, including player-driven work orders, new profession equipment, and an all-new specialization system.
- Updated UI: Dragonflight will refresh the World of Warcraft user interface, with improvements to the look and feel of the minimap and other elements, and new options for players to customize different aspects of the UI to their tastes.
Their Official Website is now live, and the Beta Sign-Up is available now.
Source: Official Press Release
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, news tips, or questions, email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.