PLEASE NOTE: The Rankings reflect sales for January 2022
A new year and a new trend, this time in February’s New York Times Best Seller List for Graphic Novels and Manga, what is usually consisted of Graphic Novels aimed at a younger audience, is now overtaken with Shonen Manga titles.
Starting at number two was the new Demon Slayer spin-off manga title “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Stories of Water and Flame” based on the original concept by Koyoharu Gotouge, but the story and art by Ryoji Hirano. But taking the ninth and the fourteenth spots were the first and second volumes of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. This trend follows the current season streaming on Crunchyroll and Funimation. Gege Akutami’s Jujutsu Kaisen Series is another title that has stayed on the chart, the Prequel moving up to Number Five, while Volume One took Number Eight.
For the second month in a row, it is Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Chainsaw Man continues its reign on the chart, the first four volumes taking Number Four (Volume One), Number Seven (Volume Two), Number Ten (Volume Four), and Number Eleven (Volume Three). Last month, it was the newest volume taking the eighth spot, as a reminder for fans, the second part of the manga series will also be launching in the Summer of 2022, which will be the “Gakkō-hen” (School) Arc on Shueisha’s Shonen Jump + App. And finally, at Number Twelve is the newest volume of Akira Toriyama’s Dragon Ball Super.
- Perspectives– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Stories of Water and Flame– Ryoji Hirano, Viz Media
- The Brightest Night– Tui T. Sutherland. Illustrated by Mike Holmes, Scholastic
- Chainsaw Man Vol. 1– Tatsuki Fujimoto, Viz Media
- Jujutsu Kaisen Vol. 0– Gege Akutami, Viz Media
- The Fourth Closet– Scott Cawthon and Kira Breed-Wrisley. Illustrated by Diana Camero, Scholastic
- Chainsaw Man Vol. 2– Tatsuki Fujimoto, Viz Media
- Jujutsu Kaisen Vol. 1– Gege Akutami, Viz Media
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Vol. 1- Koyoharu Gotouge, Viz Media
- Chainsaw Man Vol. 4– Tatsuki Fujimoto, Viz Media
- Chainsaw Man Vol. 3– Tatsuki Fujimoto, Viz Media
- Dragon Ball Super Vol. 15- Akira Toriyama. Illustrated by Toyotarou, Viz Media
- Mothering Heights– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Vol 2- Koyoharu Gotouge, Viz Media
- Heart Stopper Vol. 4– Alice Oseman, Scholastic
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, news tips, or questions, email them to: email@example.com.