PLEASE NOTE: The Rankings Reflect Sales For May 2022
The New York Times Best Sellers List for Manga and Graphic Novels has arrived, and we’re seeing another change in the lineup once again.
For June, we’re seeing fewer manga titles. It’s nothing to worry about but Tatsuya Endo’s Spy X Family Volume One stuck around for another month, this time taking No. 3. It is still currently being fueled by the Anime Series currently streaming on Crunchyroll and Hulu.
Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata‘s Death Note: Short Stories Collection made its debut at No. 12, and finally, Chugong and Dubu/Redice Studio’s Solo Leveling Vol. 4 take No. 15.
The biggest change-up for this month was the focus on Young Adults and Children’s Graphic Novels. For example, Alice Oseman’s Heart Stopper Series dominated the top ten, a coming of age story that started as a Web Comic, then published by Scholastic, and has been adapted into a live-action series that is available on Netflix. And has been picked up for another season.
Finally, making an appearance on the list is Aaron Blabey’s The Bad Guys, the book that got adapted into an animated film. As of June 1st, the film has grossed $83.4 million in the United States and Canada, and $119.1 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $202.5 million. The Bad Guys steal their way onto No. 8. The film is available on Digital and will be available on Blu Ray on June 21st.
- On Purpose– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- Heartstopper Vol. 1– Alice Oseman, Scholastic
- Heartstopper Vol. 2– Alice Oseman, Scholastic
- Spy X Family Vol. 1– Tatsuya Endo, Viz Media
- Heartstopper Vol. 4– Alice Oseman, Scholastic
- Heartstopper Vol. 3– Alice Oseman, Scholastic
- Perspectives– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- The Bad Guys– Aaron Blabey, Scholastic
- Mothering Heights– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- Cat Kid Comic Club– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- Remarkably Ruby– Terri Libenson, Balzer + Bray
- Death Note Short Stories– Tsugumi Ohba. Illustrated by Takeshi Obata, Viz Media
- The Brightest Night– Tui T. Sutherland. Illustrated by Mike Holmes, Scholastic
- Grime And Punishment– Dav Pilkey, Scholastic
- Solo Leveling Vol. 4– Chugong, Illustrated by Dubu/Redice Studio, Yen Press
Source: New York Times
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, news tips, or questions, email them to: email@example.com.