It has been two months since the announcement that Muneyuki Kaneshiro and Yūsuke Nomura’s Soccer Manga Blue Lock would be getting an anime adaption. Now the team is getting ready for their roll-call! Starting with the star player, Yoichi Isagi!
Voicing Yoichi is Kazuki Ura, joining Ura are Tasuku Kaito as Meguru Bachira, Yūki Ono as Rensuke Kunigami, and Sōma Saitō as Hyōma Chigiri. Blue Lock is set to premiere in 2022, the same year for the World Cup in Qatar. Here is the list of Crew Members involved so far:
- Tetsuaki Watanabe– Director
- Shunsuke Ishikawa– Assistant Director
- Taku Kishimoto– Series Scriptwriter and Supervisor
- Muneyuki Kaneshiro– Story Supervisor
- Yutaka Uemura– Concept Advisor
- Masaru Shindō– Main Character Designer and Chief Animation Director
- Kenji Tanabe
- Kento Toya
- Hisashi Tojima– Chief Action Director
- Hiromi Sakamoto– Action Director
- Jun Murayama– Music Composer
- 8-Bit Studio- Animation Production
The Series follows Japan’s national soccer team as they reckon with their defeat at the 2018 World Cup. In their search for an “Ace Striker” who can lead them to victory, the Japan Football Union gathers 300 of Japan’s best and brightest players to see who can out-muscle and out-ego everyone who stands in their way. The Anime is adapted from the manga by the same name, which made its debut in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine in 2018. It currently has 16 Tankobon Volumes, the 16th volume recently went on sale in Japan, while Volume Eight will be available digitally on October 19th for the US. The Manga has taken a break due to the Artist’s Health, but according to Anime News Network and Weekly Shonen Magazine, the manga will return on October 27th.
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, news tips, or questions, email them to: email@example.com.