Big news for Anime Fans, there might be some delays or a schedule change heading your way for several of your favorite shows. NHK Anime World announced on Twitter that there would be either a delay or a schedule change on its NHK-E Channel due to the upcoming Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics. Here are the shows that are affected, according to Anime News Network:
- WASIMO (episodes on July 26-27, August 2-3)
- Ojarumaru (episodes on July 28-30, August 4-6, September 1, September 3)
- Nintama Rantaro (episodes on July 26-30, August 2-6, September 1, September 3)
- Fushigi Dagashiya Zenitendō (episodes on July 27, August 3, August 31)
- Uchū Nanchara Kotetsu-kun (episodes on July 28, August 4, August 25, September 1)
- Major 2nd (episodes on July 28, August 4, August 25, September 1)
- Oshiri Tantei (Butt Detective) (episodes on July 24, July 31, August 7, August 28, September 4)
- Motto! Majime ni Fumajime Kaiketsu Zorori (episodes on July 30, August 6, August 27, September 3)
- Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun (episode on August 28)
- Love Live! Superstar!! (episodes on July 25, August 1, August 29)
NHK noted that as of right now, it plans to cancel the broadcasts of the above-listed episodes. The channel asks viewers to check program guides for the latest broadcast information. Also announced on Wednesday was a scheduling update for Love Live! Superstar!! Its third episode is currently scheduled to air on August 8th.
The Tokyo Olympics were originally scheduled for July 24 to August 9, 2020, followed by the Paralympics from August 25 to September 6. They were delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and rescheduled to July 23 to August 8, 2021, and August 24 to September 5, 2021, respectively. Also, Overseas Spectators are banned due to COVID-19, but will not have any domestic spectators also due to the pandemic.
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, news tips, or questions, email them to: email@example.com.