The Official Website for Hiroyuki Takei’s Shaman King recently streamed another brand new promotional trailer, this time highlighting the encounter between the protagonist Yoh Asakura and Manta Oyamada, as well as the voices of its six main characters.
- Inuko Inuyama who is returning to voice Manta Odayama
- Yoko Hikasa as Yoh Asakura
- Megumi Hayashibara who is returning to voice Anna Kyoyama
- Romi Park who is returning to voice Tao Ren
- Masahiko Tanaka who is returning to voice Ryunosuke Umemiya
- Katsuyuki Konishi who is returning to voice Amidamaru
- Kousuke Takaguchi is taking over voicing Bason (previously voiced by Shinpachi Tsuji)
Also confirmed yesterday that Megumi Hayashibara, who reprises her role as Anna Kyoyama, will perform the OP and ED theme for the reboot. She sang the OP, ED, and insert song for the first TV anime in 2001-2002. Crunchyroll’s Mikikazu Komatsu mentioned Hayashibara’s comments about the show’s revival which are included in the link above. The Television Anime is set to premiere on TV Tokyo and its affiliates in April 2021.
“In the world of Shaman King, Shamans possess mysterious powers that allow them to commune with gods, spirits, and even the dead…and Manta Oyamada’s about to learn all about them, because his class just welcomed a new transfer student: Yoh Asakura, a boy from way off in Izumo…and a shaman in training!“
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, news tips, or questions, email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.